Bird2 - 16 years of research and development, we believe this is the future of shuttlecocks.
- Unique, patented 2 piece construction
- 3 times more rigid than a standard nylon
- Maintains shape on smash
- More feel on the racket face
- Feather like 'crack' sound on impact
- Turns/ stabilizes 50% quicker than the best synthetic competitor
- Spins twice as quickly as the best synthetic competitor
- Emulates feather parabola (peak and drop)
- Consistent performance throughout shuttlecock life
- 2 colour/ High visability in poor lighting.
- Highly Durable
- Sustainable and affordable
- Tubes of 6
- Medium Speed
- Designed and Manufactured in the UK.
The unique patented 2 piece design sets it apart from other nylon shuttles, just one of many features that leads to a far more feather-like performance. As a result of it's unique design the Bird2 offers three times the rigidity of standard plastic shuttles, meaning it won't collapse on impact and gives more feel on the racquet face. You'll also notice a big difference in the sound made when hitting smashes and clears.
Another feather-like feature of the Bird2 is the flight parabola (peak and drop). It has a far more stable flight with quicker righting. This translates to net shots too, where The Bird2 will perform a much slower and lower bounce than that of a standard plastic, making play more realistic to a feather.
Unlike a feather, the Bird2's solid construction will keep it's speed consistent throughout it's life. This sturdiness is a result of the shuttle's turbine flutes being moulded rather than pressed. This added sturdiness results in a longer, more consistent shuttle life than a feather.
Although feather shuttles will always be most players preference, the
ongoing problems with production costs and bird flu means badminton as a
sport, needs to think of an alternative.
The Bird2 we believe, is it.